I'm Becoming Minimalist

I've been obsessed with the tiny house movement for a while. I love the idea of taking up small spaces, and only using the space you need.

I've designed a few tiny houses now... I've always loved designing houses, but this was new and exciting for me. It's literally something I do for fun. It's a challenge, trying to arrange everything you need in a home so perfectly and in such a tiny space. Challenge accepted.

I love the concept of living in a tiny house. I love the idea of saving money on rent or bills, and spending money on travelling instead. I've never been overseas and that's something I hope to do. I actually hope to have a tiny house one day, it's just a matter of what's going on in my life.

Tiny houses don't leave any room for unnecessary junk.... or clutter.

I love decluttering. There's something satisfying about getting rid of things you don't need. It gives me a sense of freedom. It takes a weight off my shoulders.

People say that less stuff = less stress. That is so true. We just have so much.... stuff.... and it's not necessary. If I don't need it or use it, I get rid of it.

I recently watched a documentary on Netflix with Rhi. It's called "The Minimalists". If you are reading this, I strongly recommend you watch it if you haven't already. It is an eye-opener.

So I'm becoming minimalist.

That doesn't mean I'm going to have a home with barely anything in it. It simply means I'm not going to hold onto stuff I don't need. I don't like it when things just sit around wasting space.

Rhi's coming on board too. She's not quite at the same level I am, she holds onto things a lot more than I do - but thats okay. She's recently started decluttering her room a lot and that's been amazing. I don't expect her to be on my level with this, so I don't mind. As long as I keep my stuff under control. I do encourage her to get rid of things sometimes. I'll be cleaning up and I'll have everything in a pile and ask her what she doesn't want to keep anymore, and she's willing to go along with it.

I love organising things - but as for clutter, there IS such thing as organised clutter. Even if everything is neatly organised, there are probably lots of things that you can get rid of.

The biggest one for many people would be clothes. I don't have a lot of clothes, and I've got rid of a lot. I'm planning on replacing a few items in my wardrobe, but I won't add to it. Out with the old, in with the new.

If you've got stuff in your life that has no purpose, then why are you holding onto it? Donate it, give it to someone else who could use it, or just throw it away. Don't hold onto useless stuff.

It's a slow everyday process, but it's worth it.

It feels amazing to get rid of all the clutter. When everything in your life has a purpose, it makes you so much happier.



Popular posts from this blog

How many years has it been?!

Our Lovely Living Situation

My Life Update