We Love You, Whiskas

Whiskas had been unwell recently, so we were a little worried about her. She wasn't eating as much anymore and was having some trouble breathing. It's her 14th birthday this Tuesday.

We drove back to Rhi's place on Friday. Rhi's brother made sure to give Whiskas all the love and attention while we were gone.

She was very happy to see us! She jumped out of her basket even though she was really snug. She was meowing at us and purring a lot. She sat with us on the bed for ages. She was very happy we were home.

I tucked her into her basket and said goodnight. She died peacefully in her sleep.

It seemed like she was just waiting for us to say goodbye.

It's really sad... and we're still trying to process it... So I'm dedicating this post to her.

Whiskas
We love Whiskas. When she first met me, she was a bit unsure about me. It took her a while to warm up to me. Eventually she loved me like the rest of the family. I only knew her for the last couple of years, but it felt like much longer.

Whiskas is known for her grumpy face. It was one of her best qualities... always cracked me up. She also had a funny meow, a little bit croaky, and sounded really funny.

She liked to go outside. I took her outside a few times, and she walked around the backyard with me.

She liked to chirp at the birds outside.

She liked to drink the water out of the shower, and the bath.

She liked to flop on the floor, and we would give her belly rubs.

She had a very distinctive walk, and we could always hear her coming down the hall.

Whiskas being snug

The thing I liked the most about Whiskas, is how she always knew when I was upset. She would snuggle up to me, and it always made me feel better.

Last night I was in a lot of pain. I started breathing really fast, and she was really concerned. Her eyes were really wide. When I started to calm down, I said, "I'm okay Whiskas, it's okay", she relaxed and got snug again.

Every time I get sad about her, I think about how she never wanted me to be sad. She never wanted anyone to be sad. She was always there to cheer you up, and if she could be here now, that's exactly what she'd do.

I find some comfort in that, and remembering her for how she was - hilarious, fluffy, and so darn cute!!!

Rest in peace, 'Whiskey Whiskas'. We love you.

Popular posts from this blog

How many years has it been?!

Our Lovely Living Situation

My Life Update